Different parts of California see different numbers when it comes to automobile accidents. Whether it is on a rural road or one of the busiest city streets, accidents occur here every day. Impaired driving, speeding, or distracted driving all contribute to these accidents and all count as negligent behavior when they result in accidents and injuries. It is important to be aware of the safety violations in California that cause the most accidents to help avoid making those same mistakes and being injured or injuring someone else. If you or a loved one has been in an auto accident, contact an experienced California personal injury attorney so that we can help you strategize about the best possible outcomes for your case.
Safety Violations that Cause the Most Accidents
Each year, there are hundreds of car accidents that occur throughout California, and unfortunately, many of these accidents occur due to auto safety violations. These safety violations generally consist of:
- Speeding, which is the number one safety violation that results in accidents;
- Unsafe lane changes result in numerous auto accidents. When unsafe lane changes occur, it is generally due to a driver being inattentive or failing to look in his or her blind spot before changing lanes. These safety violations are particularly common in the case of trucking accidents;
- Following too close is a safety violation that results in excessive damage to vehicles and often contributes to motorcycles accidents and rear-end accidents;
- Unsafe left turns and U-Turns are the number one cause of head-on collisions and side impact collisions;
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol cause thousands of auto accidents in California annually; and
- Distracted Driving such as texting or talking on the phone can cause serious accidents, injuries, and death.
When these safety violations occur and someone is injured in an auto accident, it is invaluable to seek legal advice and representation and to seek recourse if you or a loved one has been injured.
Need Legal Advice?
Accidents happen, but accidents can also be avoided. It is invaluable to understand how you might contribute to an accident and to avoid one at all cost. If you were involved in an auto accident that was caused by a safety violation and the negligent behavior of someone else, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. If you or a loved one has been in an auto accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney at The Paris Firm to help you with your case today.