You can view my bio and contact me at http://www.aaronsanderslaw.com/tara-aaron.
- J.D., University of Tennessee, 2004
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Member, Law Review, 2002-2004
- B.A., cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 1997
- Semester Abroad, University College Cork (Cork, Ireland), 1996
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Overlapping Intellectual Property Rights, Oxford University Press, expected publication early 2012. Contributor Author.
- “Fair Use in a Content-Sharing World,” PodCamp Nashville, Tennessee, March 26, 2011.
- “What Entrepreneurs and Content Creators Need to Know About Business and Intellectual Property” Co-Labs Nashville, Tennessee, June 18, 2010
- “What Entrepreneurs and Content Creators Need to Know About Intellectual Property,”Social Media Club of Nashville, Tennessee, May 26, 2010
- “Providing Pro Bono Legal Services After a Disaster,” Webcast for TennBarU, May 12, 2010
- “Copyright Basics for Authors and Journalists,” American Society of Journalists and Authors, February 19, 2009
- “Copyright Basics for Artists,” Co-presenter, Tennessee Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, May 29, 2008
- Nashville Bar Association, IP Section, Presentation on Louis Vuitton Malletier v. Haute Diggity Dog, LLC (the “Chewy Vuiton case”), March 27, 2008
- “Broadcaster Performance Royalty Debate – ABA IP Section Committee Report,” ABA Forum on Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law, Committee on Broadcasting, Sound Recordings and Performing Artists, May 2008
- WKRN-TV interviews Tara Aaron regarding the Keith Urban trademark case, Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 8, 2007
- Chair, IP Section, Nashville Bar Association, 2011
- Chair, Social Media Committee, Copyright Society of the U.S.A., 2011
- Co-Chair, Southeastern Chapter, Copyright Society of the U.S.A, 2011
- Member, Executive Council, Tennessee Bar Association Sports and Entertainment Law Section
- Member, Nashville Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Association for Women, International Trademark Association, Copyright Society of the South