Colson-Quinn's dedication to its Business, Technology and IP Law clients is not only our day-to-day commitment, it's built into our structure and ideology. For 15 years, Colson-Quinn has used effective and efficient senior counsel, low overhead, customer oriented billing, direct responsibility and accountability to deliver lasting results to our clients.
Colson-Quinn combines the accessibility and personal attention of a small law firm with the expert strategic counsel of the large law firms.
With more than 25 years of business transaction experience, Boulder-based attorney, Joyce Colson offers her clients expertise, perspective, high energy and a passion for great results. She brings substantial business insight to each client, which comes from her work with many diverse companies in varying stages of development.
Representative transactions in the past few years have included:
- Sale of software company for $140 million--represented software company founders
- Texas energy company in obtaining a temporary restraining order against Chinese national oil company on offshore China oil properties
- International distribution and licensing agreements for photonics company
- Sale of Nation's largest audio book rental company
- Stock option plan for hybrid automotive technology company
Publications and Presentations
Joyce has spoken on a variety of corporate, technology, employment and intellectual property topics. Articles authored by Joyce have appeared in the Boulder County Business Report, the Colorado Law Review, Colorado Software Association, and Colorado Trial Lawyers
University of Colorado Deming Center for Entrepreneurs, Advisory Board Colorado Photonics Association, General Counsel ; Colorado Internet Keiretsu, Counsel; Start Up Base Camp, Co-founder; P3, Director (2004), Historic Boulder, Director (1996-2002) ; Community Table Volunteer
- UT Law School, J.D., 1979
- UT Austin, B.A. with honors, 1976