Rimon Law’s mission is to bring balance back to the practice of law. We offer more experienced lawyers without layers of hierarchy. We intelligently use technology to increase efficiency, while reducing our impact on the environment. We always prioritize our clients while remaining dedicated to our communities. Rimon Law is bringing balance back to the practice of law.
John Boyd has been practicing intellectual property law for over 15 years and is registered before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
John has worked as Chief Intellectual Property Counsel at publicly traded high-tech companies in the biotechnology industry (IGEN International, Inc. and Meso Scale Diagnostics, LLC) and the semiconductor industry (ATMI, Inc.) and at law firms in New York, NY, most recently at Winston & Strawn.
John has worked and advised on a myriad of intellectual property issues including:
- Developing strategies for and managing large patent portfolios including patent application drafting and prosecution and conducting IP audits.
- Negotiating and drafting complex corporate, commercial, technology and intellectual property agreements including license, joint development, collaboration, technology services, asset purchase, and other agreements.
- Managing various types of domestic and international patent litigation and negotiating favorable settlements.
- Advising on merger and acquisition transactions including conducting due diligence relating to intellectual property issues. John has advised several startups on intellectual property issues including how to strategically protect IP assets in a cost effective manner.
John is the sole inventor on five granted U.S. Patents and an co-inventor on several patent applications. John recently sold patent assets to Apple, Inc., one group relating to targeted advertising and the other relating to online events and location-based networking. He also successfully litigated breach of contract claims against two companies, resulting in a damage award and other compensatory relief.
John is also the founder of MeetingWave.com, which helps users arrange targeted networking meetings with new people including new clients, customers or business contacts and the co-founder of http://vrfy.me will provides verified profiles.
- Columbia University B.Sc., Metallurgy & Materials Science
- George Mason University J.D.