Katovich Law Group works with clients in every phase of venture development from start-up through initial financing and ongoing operations. As a virtual law firm we do not maintain fancy offices for our attorneys resulting in lower overhead, greater flexibility for our staff, and fees well below market. We strive to help our clients' provide excellent service to their customers at a reasonable price while honoring the needs of their workers, communities, and the planet.
Jenny Kassan is an attorney and community development consultant, specializing in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ventures. Her legal practice areas include small business start-up and financing, securities regulation, nonprofit law, business agreements, real estate development, franchising, cooperatives, and assessment districts.
She worked for eleven years at the Unity Council, a nonprofit community development corporation in Oakland, where she served as staff attorney and managed community economic development projects including the formation and management of several social ventures designed to employ and create business ownership opportunities for low-income community residents.
Jenny has also worked for Ralph Nader's Center for Study of Responsive Law, University Students Cooperative Association, the Institute for Policy Studies, California Rural Legal Assistance, Texas Rural Legal Aid, La Mujer Obrera Workers Center, Center for Democratic Solutions, National Economic Development and Law Center, Local Initiatives Support Corporation, the City of Oakland, Alameda County Social Services Agency, the Training and Development Corporation, and Richmond Main Street Initiative.
- President, Community Ventures, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the economic and social development of communities.
- Co-founder, Sustainable Economies Law Center, a nonprofit organization that conducts education and advocacy on legal issues related to community asset ownership, cooperative enterprise, urban agriculture and sustainable food enterprise, alternative methods of exchange, and affordable and supportive housing.
- President, Sustainable Business Alliance
- Board member, Post Carbon Institute
- University of California, Berkeley, MCP, City Planning, 1998
- Yale Law School, JD, 1995
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, Psychology, 1991