Our Austin Business Law Firm assists small business owners at all stages of development, from the startup entrepreneur starting a business, to established Texas business owners who need wills, trusts, and estate planning, to mature companies selling a business and planning exit strategy. We strive for personal and long-lasting client relationships with a commitment to solid business strategy, custom legal solutions, and fast dispute resolution.
Austin Attorney James Blake practices law throughout Texas and Hawaii, protecting the interests of businesses across a broad range of industries, including technology, construction, service and retail, restaurants and bars, franchisors and franchisees, product manufacturers, and investors. His work experience encompasses commercial transactions, litigation, and advising international business law in the U.S., Africa, and Asia.
James is a featured contributor to the Business Bank of Texas Business Resource Center. He was also an editor of Law Review at the University of Hawaii and conducted international commercial law research for the Institute of Asian Pacific Business Law. He served as the Official Reporter for the 2008 IAPBL China Enterprise Bankruptcy Law Symposium held in Hong Kong, and in the same year worked at a large firm in Singapore. James Blake currently advises clients in international business law and investment issues in addition serving his client’s legal and business needs in Hawaii and Texas.
Currently based in Austin, Texas, James is an avid writer and enjoys speaking at business law seminars in addition to his legal practice. In his spare time, James enjoys sculling and kayaking on Ladybird Lake, outdoor photography, and supporting visual and performing arts.
- Successfully advised and placed several Angel Investor finance deals.
- Successfully advised and negotiated a partnership buyout for a health clinic.
- Advised technology development strategy for a web-based business application.
- Advised and negotiated the sale of two real estate companies.
- Advised the development and technology licensing of a point of sale (POS) application.
- Full franchise program development for an equipment rental company.
- Advised property acquisition for multi-million dollar commercial development.
- Negotiated biotech service contracts with one of the largest private U.S. companies.
- Advised a foreign investor regarding a U.S. business opportunity and securities law.