Schwell Wimpfheimer & Associates LLP, a full-service law firm, provides top-quality legal services with a focus on start-up companies. With attorneys based both in NYC and Jerusalem, SWA offers very attractive rates while maintaining its emphasis on providing top-quality legal services. SWA attorneys are graduates of U.S. law schools and have varied and extensive prior experience at leading U.S. law firms and companies. This collective expertise spans a diverse range of practice areas.
Ely is a member of the corporate and securities practice groups of Schwell Wimpfheimer & Associates. He has a broad range of experience as his practice has focused on general corporate transactional work, corporate securities and bankruptcy.
His corporate securities practice has focused on representing issuers in SEC registration, public equity offerings and private placements of securities, general securities law compliance, including, but not limited to, preparing ’34 Act reports and on-going corporate counseling and advising. He also has substantial corporate transactional experience in drafting and reviewing a broad range of commercial and corporate agreements and conducting due diligence reviews.
Ely also has experience in a variety of litigation and corporate related matters in bankruptcy and restructuring cases and has represented official committees of creditors in major chapter 11 cases while practicing for over 5 years with the New York law firm of Anderson Kill & Olick and with Lowenstein Sandler in New Jersey.
- Representing issuer in initial public registration and resale of Securities under the Securities Act of 1933.
- Spin-Off of non-core business by conglomerate into separate public vehicle.
- Drafting SEC forms 10-K, 8-K, and proxy statements and information statements.
- Assisting an international publicly traded corporation in its tender offer for common stock of a publicly traded telecommunications provider.
- Representing diversified holding company in joint venture for the development of shale oil field with leading international oil and gas company.
- Assisted in due-diligence review (including visiting numerous offices across the United States and Canada) in connection with the sale of an entertainment corporation for approximately $500 million.