For more than 25 years, Bill Yanger has provided effective legal counsel and representation to individuals and businesses throughout the Tampa area.
We are adept at helping our clients with formation issues, the purchase and sale of businesses and business properties, and the avoidance of lawsuits through knowledgeable advice and counsel. In the event litigation becomes necessary, we vigorously represent our clients’ interests in both state and federal court.
Bill Yanger was born and raised in Tampa, Florida. He is a graduate of the University of Florida (B.S. Journalism 1982) and South Texas College of Law (J.D. 1986). Bill is proud to be rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest possible rating.
Representative matters include:
- Representation of World Light Heavyweight Champion Antonio Tarver in proceedings collateral to Chapter 11 Bankruptcy as well as multiple contractual and endorsement issues;
- Representation of international pop recording artist Aaron Carter in contract/royalty/fraud litigation against Lou Pearlman and Transcontinental Records;
- Representation of 60 year-old St. Petersburg entity Barnes Machinery Company through successful jury verdict for fraud versus real estate/asset purchaser;
- Successful defense of post-production house in federal involuntary bankruptcy litigation;
- Representation of web-based information aggregator against national financial entity for multiple violations of database access licensing agreement resulting in significant mid-six figure recovery;
- Nearly daily consultation in a general counsel capacity to construction companies, development companies, small businesses, advertising agencies, film and television production companies, post-production companies, sound and audio production companies, new media concerns and sportswear manufacturers;
- Representation of independent filmmakers with regard to private placement funding, project development, production and distribution;
- Funding, development, pilot production and marketing of brand-driven "tweens" targeted variety television show;
- Successful prosecution of fraud/breach of contract litigation on behalf of sports production company against promoter.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. - 1982
- Major: Journalism